Identify An Issue
Arch and Ball Problems
Learn more about medical issues of the arch and ball of the foot:
- Ball and Foot Pain (Metatarsalgia) - Ball and foot pain is a collection of symptoms that describe pain in the ball of the foot. The medical term is metatarsalgia.
- Bunions - Bunions are bony bumps on the joint at the base of big toes. They can cause the big toe to push against the next toe which may cause discomfort.
- Crossover Toe - Crossover toe occurs when a toe or multiple toes are positioned over another toe. In most cases, it’s the second toe that crosses over the big toe.
- Fractures of the Foot - Fractures of the foot are broken bones in the foot usually caused by a fall, a dropped object or a crash.
- Heel Pain (Plantar Fasciitis) - Plantar fasciitis is heel pain that is the result of an inflammation of a band of tissue running under the foot that connects from the heel bone to the toes.
- Morton’s Neuroma - Morton’s neuroma is pain or numbness in the ball of the foot, usually between the third and fourth toes.
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD) - Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD) is often called adult acquired flatfoot. The posterior tibial tendon attaches the calf muscle to the bones on the inside of the foot.
- Sesamoid Injuries - Injuries to sesamoids, two pea-shaped bones located beneath the big toe joint, include over-extended big toe (turf toe), fracture from overuse or injury, and sesamoiditis.